Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Always listen to your daddy. Part 2.





On Sunday, the kinks in my new hose pushed me over the edge. So I gathered it up (all 100

feet) and drove to Lowe’s, where I patiently waited in line with the thing draped over my shoulder. I didn’t have my receipt or the hose packaging.

“What’s wrong with it?” the guy at the returns desk asked. “It kinks,” I answered. Without another word, he grabbed the hose and threw it in an empty grocery cart, where the water still in the hose immediately drained on the floor. It was one of my finer moments.

Next, I drove to Sears to buy a Craftsman rubber hose, on sale for $19.99. I bought two. Instead of ugly green vinyl, they are black, which goes with everything.

Victoria suggested the Sears connection (I‘m sure that‘s where my father bought his!) and she also found these adorable hoses online in a rainbow of colors. I covet the yellow one.

1 comment:

  1. Those rainbow hoses are awesome, but if I bought one, I'd have to buy them all. They wouldn't look nearly as fun without the whole rainbow.

    ReplyDelete