Monday, January 10, 2011

Drum roll, please.


After much hullabaloo, I've started composting. Tony snapped this picture of my first collard stems going in the bucket. Well, it was the second or third photo. I made him reshoot several times, because my hands kept looking awful. The sign of a true gardener, I know, but a girl has to draw a line somewhere, you know what I mean?

Even more impressive than the composting was the meal I made with those greens. My dinner was completely locally sourced, except for the mashed potatoes. Here's the menu. Yum!

Sweet Potato Soup Garnished with Roasted Red Peppers
Osso Bucco with Newman Farms Berkshire Pork
Mashed Yukon Gold Potatoes with Blue Cheese
Fresh Picked Collards and Kale with Rosemary and Lemon Zest

1 comment:

  1. I can attest to the wonderfulness of the meal; I was a guest at the dinner. Outstanding. Tyler hasn't put my compost cage together yet; I need to put that on his very short chore list. The silver bucket looks very cool and retro.

    ReplyDelete