Saturday, January 1, 2011

How I love a resolution.


Most of the people I know don't make new year's resolutions. Who needs them, why bother, too much pressure is the general drift. I tend to swing completely the other way, making lots of resolutions so a few might stick around until spring.

I'll spare you the other lists, but here is my gardening resolve for 2011:

1) Do a little something in the yard every day. (It makes me happy and moves along the work.)

2) Compost. Compost. Compost.

3) Increase the size of my vegetable garden. (This isn't so difficult as I only planted 50 sq. ft. last year.)

4) Plant an early spring crop of greens and lettuces.

5) Landscape the beds around my new front sidewalk.

6) Collect rainwater.

7) Volunteer at Urban Farms, a sustainable community garden in Memphis, and finally,

8) Never dress up a squirrel in a New Year's Eve hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment