Saturday, March 19, 2011

My first trip to Lowe's.



Last weekend was beautiful (today was too!), and I couldn't resist the pull of a freshly stocked garden center. I stopped by Lowe's and bought top soil, basil, and flat-leaf parsley. The nice guy who












loaded the dirt in my car cautioned against planting the basil. "It's too early," he said. "Still too cold."

When I got home, I decided to ignore his advice. My chives made it through the winter, but were feeling lonely. So in went the basil and the parsley, making a perfect trio of herbs for my current retro food fav: quiche. I'm calling this planter the quiche pot, in honor of another favorite plant from the 70s.

PS: The cute little kale plant above also weathered the winter.

2 comments:

  1. You are throwing caution to the wind! Not nearly basil planting time in MD. Purchased some solar lights for the front of the house, Kristina hates them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the great things about the deep South is the long growing season! It was 75 degrees today. So does Kristina hate the lights because they are ugly or because she can't see at night?

    ReplyDelete